deployment - Problem deploying Python program (packaged with py2exe) -


I have a problem: I used py2exe for my program, and it worked on my computer. (Still worked on my computer), but when I sent it to another computer, I found the following error while trying to run the application: "CreateProcess failed; code 14001." The app will not run (note: I am using wxPython and multiprocessing modules in my program.) I went a little bit for this and found that the user should redistribute some MS, but I am not responsible for my users. Want to Is there a solution?

Version:

Python 2.6.2c1, py2exe 0.6.9, Windows XP Pro

You need to rename msvcr90.dll, Microsoft.VC90.CRT.manifest, and python.exe.manifest ([yourappname] .exe.manifest in your installed directory). If you install Python with the option "Only for me", these files will be in Python 26 directory on your system.

Instructions for doing this.

Do not forget to call your main function, or you encounter problems when you start a new process.

While others have discussed in your install package including MSWC Runtime, the above solution works when you want to distribute only one .zip file in all your files. When you do not want this extra complexity, it avoids creating a separate install package.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -