c# - How to pass large quantity of data to web service -


I am creating a client-server (C #) application that uses web services to synchronize data Does.

Actually I am sending XML of a dataset back and forth. But depending on the different parameters, the dataset can actually be quite large. I am comparing XP using GSP and want to pass it to the web server and as a result the compressed XML gets back.

What is the best way to pass forward and backward potentially large portions of data? Explanation: I think I'm asking what is the best format for passing the data. JSON, SOAP, General Post (I am not very familiar with web services, so I'm sure that I am not thinking more)

The best probably depends on many factors, if you're the best performing, then Here are some points to consider:

  • XML is not the best method at all.
  • Binary serialization is much more efficient.
  • Maybe you do not have this option, however, if you need to worry yourself with the difference, in that case, you can consider using a flat file or delimited format. Are there.
  • If none of them is possible, then you send all what has changed, rather than just all the data.
  • If this is not an option, compressing XML is a ... okay solution.

I am using XML as the last resort, because there are lots of unnecessary metadata included in XML which will easily increase the size of your payload by more than 5 x.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -