design - What subjects are beneficial to learn in order to understand human interaction with computers -


I was inspired by the question, and my first answer is to ask my question.

Study, if any, focus on the study of human-machine interaction and human behavior in relation to computers?

In my understanding of this issue, I am considering studies in the following (broad) areas:

  1. Design
  2. Psychology

Are there any special topics in these areas or others that will help me understand how the users think? Edit: The question that was inspired by this question is now closed, it can mean that my question will also be closed. I think the difference is that instead of saying "I want to be good in design" I am asking how can I improve my factors, which makes the design good, I do not know that it Actually different or not, I hope

User Interface Although best practice document is a good start ...

Programmer getting the right for a single reason It is difficult for UI to: programmers think differently than users in a different way. There is a completely different mindset than programmers' software users, and there is a different perspective on what makes sense in a user interface. Unless a programmer sits in the focus group, and sees that the user can easily get confused and distracted for a programmer, they will never understand it.

As a result, there are tools that have evolved to help understand what is needed in the user interface so your users can understand it, and more importantly, that it is able to effectively use it. Ho. One of these tools works on paper prototype because it focuses on programmers and user flow of the program, instead of subjective events like color and layout.

Being good in design does not mean that you understand psychology. What it means is that you can open your mind to the end user's mindset, and with the help of real interaction through interaction, you can do the skill (with little practice). Your best science tells you users (seeing their conversation) that does not work and what does not.

Microsoft uses focus groups to test their interface designs, looking at users behind the one-sided glass. Once, when they were testing the new office ribbon, they came to a user who was an expert in using it. He worked more than any other user. Upon the end of the session, he met this person and found that he was using the mouse wheel to scroll through the tabs as a shortcut ... a "feature", which by accident, the prototype before the focus group Was left in This feature is still in the ribbon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -