Using Grails/Hibernate with old Databases. How to create missing functions? -


So Hibernate supports the latest version of Firebird, which is really great. But ...

I got a firebird 1.5.2 database here. My Grails app using this database via Hibernate ... so far everything is great.

My applications ask questions with tasks that are not known to my database, for example, the function is low, which is now supported in firebird since 2.x.

My question: Is it possible to get a special hibernate bid for my database? Currently I am using: quote = "org.hibernate.dialect.firebirdDialect"

How can I help in my databases handling my unknown tasks?

You can create your own language by sub-closing the firebirdlist and by overwriting all the functions that Different values ​​should be returned.

For the simple case of the need to rename the function, Hibernate is using low case, you can only set the following in your hibernate configuration:

hibernate.query .substitutions toLowercase = mylower

However, as the firebird 1.5 does not have any type of eclipse function, you have to apply it manually.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -