database - Are less tables better than more? -


I am implementing a small time tracking app and I can not decide between two database designs.

First of all there are all log entries in the table, that is,

  Timelapse ------------- job_id: Long timestamp start: Boolean [or perhaps' other option should be kept in two tables, for 'stop' entries One of the 'start' entries for the other.  
   

Code> Startlag Stoplog ------------- ------------- job_id: Long job_id: long timestamp timestamp ID: long ID: long

What are the pros and cons of each approach? Is there any other option?

My specific application will be running on SQLite and I want to optimize it for speed - but I am interested in general arguments.

I go to the first (single-table, type-differentiated) design, especially not because much There are all tables, but only because of database institutions are very similar and there will be equal obstacles and operations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -