java - JVM -XX:+StringCache argument? -


I was recently reading about all JVM logic available in JRE 6 [] and saw it:

-XX: + string cache: Enables caching of normal allocated wires.

I was always under the impression that Java placed a pool of enters (true words) strings and when some string was not producing some new things like string containment Was, but they were pulled from this pool. Has anyone ever used this argument, or can explain why it will be needed?

Edit: I tried to run a benchmark, to see if this argument had any effect and was unable to convert the Java version to the Sun GVM (TM) client VM (11.0-B16 build, mixed) mode, sharing)

So I'm not sure this argument works at all.

I believe when the -XX: + offensive option If it is used with, then this string object with string with the same text (though through new string , not at all). There is a profile stage where the cache is created, and after a point the cache is switched to read only, it receives high marks in some benchmarks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -