performance - Should I cache data pre-emptively -


I have an app that gets the message every few minutes from the devices. I also have customers who have a special Request the last 10 messages for the device.

I am suffering from some database saturation and I want to cache this list by device. The basic premise is that when a message is received from the device, the processor that receives the messages will cancel the cache for that device. My question is, should I just invalidate the cache and then rebuild it when the next client connects, or should I rebuild the device processor in the pre-blank form of the device processor, stop the last entry in the current cache Can add new entries, and cache new results.

I appreciate it that this one can be dependent, answer, but I appreciate listening to people's experiences in this area.

I think you are describing a "pre-fetch" system, only for help You put a name on it :)

I do not have much experience in this particular area, but if you think you can get the data and you can predictably believe that the customer What you want, and you improve a measurable and desirable performance due to it, then go ahead and give it a check Do it.

Just remember keeping all the hair casing in mind. When the underlying data changes, how does it become invalid etc. Good luck!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -