How can I improve WMI performance in .NET? -


I have inherited the code that makes many remote WMI calls when I repeatedly stop execution and call-stack I see it almost always in a ManagementScope.Connect () call.

Despite limited testing and error, I have not yet won a big win in improving the performance of WMI calls.

I have tried caching the previous results, have reused the connection, and to avoid the dangerous " select * ". This has not given me performance improvements which I want. I am interested in understanding the impact of the environment on WMI performance, but the code needs to be run in different types of environments which are probably beyond my control.

If any, then what happens and do not use the performance oriented WMI in .net?

Not my area of ​​expertise, but it may be some help:

"In this blog, I will talk about several different ways of connecting a WMI to many remote machines, in which there will be a difference between several WMI operations and their performance."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -