networking - how to dispatch network requests to the (geographically) closest server -


I am a Java code and is not very familiar with how the network works (except for the original UDP / TCP connections)

says that there are servers running on machines in the US, Asia, Latin America and Europe. When a user requests a service, I request them to visit the nearest server to them.

Is it possible to have an address for me: mycompany.com, and receive any request sent to the appropriate server? Apparently when someone goes to CNN.com, they receive photos, videos, etc. from a nearby server. Frankly, I do not think how it works.

Anyway, my servers do not serve web pages, they serve other services like stock market data ... just in that situation.

Since I am a programmer, I am interested in knowing how it will work in software. Since this is slightly more than a worthless curiosity, the signs of commercial products or services will not be very useful in understanding this problem :)

A simple approach The first byte (class A) of the IP address should be seen after UDP DNS arrives in the request and then it will be decided that you can distribute the right geographical IP.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -