optimization - Keeping your code in L1 cache -


I am reading and I have seen it:

small size language interpreter And compact syntax makes it possible for applications to fit within the processor level 1 cache.

I am afraid how is the whole program possible in L1 cache? Say, the CPU has 256kb L1 cache. Say that my program is less than that and needs a lot of memory (say, just call stack and so on) It does not require any libraries (although a program is for OS, it must include kernel32.dll or anything).

Thanks

"post-text" Itemprop = "text">

I think what they are saying is not that the whole program fits in the L1 cache, but that all the code that runs most of the time fits in the L1 cache .

Yes, the OS allocates many other structures, but it does not matter.

Of course, all this is speculation - I do not know anything about 'Kashmir' language.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -