search - learning from open source code -


I am a student and I have a lot of time on this holiday so I decided to know more for some time. How to write code (I know that there are some C and C ++ at this time)

My question is, how do I get some application source codes? Suppose I'm looking at some source code that is using a specific library. How can I find open source projects that are using the library, I'm interested.

I tried on Google code and Sourceforge but without success I think I do not know how to search Do you have any advice / link how to do it?

There is no one stop shop to find open source code.

If you want to read well written code , then GNU Savannah is a browser repository of GNU stuff Binutils, GCC Tools and others Tons) GNU Software, IHHO is some of the best written C anywhere.

You can also checkout MINIX , which is an open source microconnected operating system (which is also a complaint of posix)

Genome Project has many projects covering a wide range of C to Python and even C # (FSpot).

When searching for a search for project , Google should help Google if you know the name, search for a library like "libfoo" like Google, or you use Look in the Metadata of package managers to be made (this is often the website of upstream managers).

For example:

  [aiden @ devbox ~] $ ldd / bin / ls ... libcap.so.2 = & gt; /lib64/libcap.so.2 libacl.so.1 = & gt; /lib64/libacl.so.1 libc.so.6 = & gt; /lib64/libc.so.6 libpthread.so.0 = & gt; /lib64/libpthread.so.0 ...  

I can find "libpthread" to Google that it is part of

if you press Include source control systems such as Git or dissection in FOSS / C, and learn how to create a patch. Talk to people, they always want new developers to try to fix triggered bugs and problems, but you will probably get a social ladder to climb up and climb.

  • Good luck and have fun !


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    c++ - Linux and clipboard -

    What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

    sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -