java - Would one have to know the machine architecture to write code? -


Assume I'm doing Java or Python or C ++ programming for a simple problem, a TCP / UDP echo Can the creation of the server or the fabric of the calculation have to disturb me about the architecture details, that is, if it is 32 or 64-bit?

IMHO, Unless I am doing some programming with very low-level content, then I do not want to bother if 32 or 64 bit is going to mistake me? Or am i right

Correct for most situations

Runtime / The language / compiler will be an abstract of those details, unless you are working directly with the word size or binary at a lower level.

Even the byteorder is explained by the NIC / Network Stack in the kernel. This is translated for you. When programming sockets in C, you sometimes have to deal with the byte sequence for the network while sending data ... but it is not related to 32 or 64 bit differences.

When dealing with the blobs of binary data, they can create problems from one architecture to another (for example, form an overlay in the form of C) as others have mentioned , But this is the reason why we develop architecture independent protocols on the basis of characters and so on.

In the virtual machine, like real objects like Java, tabulate the machine Know a little and how this syntax is compiled that you can help to understand the platform and write cleaner, hard code. I know that after studying the compilers, I am disturbing some old code!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -