Implementing document management with an ASP.NET MVC front-end -


I have implemented a website for a client who maintains editable articles

Uses .net MVC and manages content by storing it in a 'content' table in the database and creating a simple admin section of the site, where the user can add / edit / delete the content and select where the site is located Will appear.

Now the client has returned the complete document management features. They want version control, permissions, PDF export and simple workflow on all control materials.

I am debating in my head how to do it.

I came to know that where many people are WSS (Windows SharePoint Services) has been recommended.

The thing is, I want to build myself the admin interface and want to make it easy for actually to use the customer.

P> Will WSS allow me to do this?

There is functionality for storage and version of WTOS documents, and workflow

I do not think PDF conversion is not part of WSS, but you can use a third party tool.

You can use the WSS UI for the admin site, by placing documents in special document libraries but for your ASP.NET MVC site you can access WSS through Web Services (WCF).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -