localization - Distributing localized winforms app -


This is related to my initial post today:

So now I have two different localization, An English, a Spanish. Now suppose that I have a big app, suppose it supports localization in 15 different languages. In the previous post, it was suggested that after adding the form to localization, I add some lines. Currently I'm clicking once to apply my application. I am trying to find a way to deploy without the app's 15 different flavors. Is there a way to see the localization of the current user and if it matches one of those languages, then I have written my screen to use it, otherwise used the default?

The underlying localization system of the .NET framework already handles this fallback status. You can just install satellite DLL, which locates your form and controls and if the right user matches the locals, then the NAT will use it, otherwise it will fallback to the next parent guard locale. For example, if your app's default language is N-US but you have provided an N-GB translation and an N translation, then the fallback is:

en-GB-> en-> En -US

That is, when N-GB is not available, it looks for N, and if it is not there, then its default-en-US

Therefore, while distributing, you can only distribute applications for your main N-US and then provide additional satellite DLLs for special languages, for example, language pack is a feature, which is your main Allows application assemblies to indicate the intended satellite versions, which enables your localization to work in assembly versions (such as your assembly version build L along - you can ignore effectively build number).

MSDN has a lot of information on globalization and localization and how it works, even in terms of click-on deployment. Check.

Of course, if you have not chosen to trust the .NET system to support global products, then you have to do something that fits in your chosen direction.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -