.net - Moving a C# Program to a different language -


I currently have Microsoft. I was in charge of the development of the second version of the program that was made in Net C #. I am not doing any actual programming, but I am writing the specification for the programmer. I want to remove it from the NIT codebase, but Joel said that he would never have to rewrite it, and he provides good arguments, I am interested to think carefully

So my question is ,

(1) Are there any easy methods of infection?
(3) If so, what language would you use?

The reason I want this is to take it away from NAT, as far as I understand my .NET, it must be installed on the client. When there is a better way, I do not allow my customers to inconvenience.

As long as you are not moving away from the part of any type of enterprise-wide change from C # In the form of C # to another language, or unless there is a valid technical requirement, which is C # /. .NET can not satisfy, I am existing code base

You tell your reasons that the client is required. NET Is your program client / server, or is this a web application? If this is Web-based, then you are wrong, the client does not need a .NET, only a browser.

If the program is a client / server and is already written in C #, then whatever language you go to, it also requires some kind of runtime installation. .NET comes with XP from every new install and service pack of Windows.

As long as you are not trying to target OSX and Linux users, I will consider a serious test in the value of those markets before making any decision to leave my codebase. . Java can help you better - but you can do a lot with the mono platform, so that you can save your C # code, even if you can target those platforms.

Edit:

waiwai933 has written:

I know that I decide, but decide My decision to do was not to decide who would decide "easy language", I meant that language similar to C # is very similar, so that the transition can be easier.

Unfortunately, you are out of luck. The closest language for C # is Java, but the difference between the two is quite significant so that you have to completely rewrite it. A port will not work only It is highly unlikely that the C # code does not use the delegates and events you have - they are ubiquitous - and there is no similar creation in Java WinForms GUI framework (I'm guessing WinForms) swing Is very different from that any port easily constructed; And This is full of events and delegates.

You are seeing more effort to switch at least platforms because initial effort is probably more and by going to Java If you want to switch from C #, it violates it: runtime is required to be installed on the Java client

As I mentioned before, before you make the decision before placing platforms By Vic you real benefits may take long and difficult


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -