security - Is an LSA MSV1_0 subauthentication package needed for some impersonation use cases? -


Greetings,

I am working with a seller who has applied some code that Windows LSA uses MSV1_0 subtitling package (MSDN information if you are interested): And I want to know if this is necessary.

As far as I can tell, the subtitling routine and filtering allows hooking or customizing standard LSA MSV1_0 logon event processing issue is that I do not understand that the seller's product Why these capabilities are needed.

I have asked them and they said that they use it to impersonate. This product definitely needs to be cloned, but based on my limited Win32 knowledge, they can get the functionality required to use the normal ATH API (LSAAlogon User, Impressus Logged Onuser, etc.) without the submatication package. Apart from this, I have worked with many types of products that do all the cloning, and only one subtitling package has been used.

If you are wondering why I care about, then the previous version product was a bug in subtacticization package DLL, which had lockup or blue screen. This makes me frightened and asks me questions on the use of such low-level, kernel sensitive interfaces. I would like to go back to the seller and say "no LSA subahath package for impersonation << em> << em> can not do this", but I'm not sure I understand usage cases And the potential limitations of the standard Win32 authentication / Impersonation API, which are definitely sufficient to make that claim substantially enough.

So, for the 32 security guards who win there, you need the need LSA MSV1_0 subtitling package if you are doing all this, what is the impersonation?

Thanks in advance for any idea!

I believe the package is for cloning only in your given link, 'Impersonation There is nothing related to '.

I think that you can have a sub-authentication package to verify the user at the extended level, such as fingerprint checking or user information such as DOB, security question etc.

Package, I believe there is no kernel mode service, so there is no question of BSOD.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -