amazon s3 - Deploying on EC2 -


This question is for all those people who have actually used Amazon EC2. I see what happens to be deployed on a server in

It seems that I can start in virtualbox, setup my server, and then export the image using the provided EC2-Tools.

What makes it harder is that if I really want to make configuration changes to my current server, they will not be continuous.

I have some PHP code that I should be able to deploy (and re-deployed) in the system, so I was thinking that EBS would be a good option.

I have a huge amount of data that I need to collect but it happens that latency is not an issue, so I was thinking that s3fs could work.

So my question is ... what will you do? What does your configuration look like? What are the special challenges you might not be getting?

I recommend saving my PHP code to a repository of SVN, and writing a script that That checks out the latest code from the repository and when you want to upgrade you can start this script at startup so that whenever you make a new instance, get the latest code; Every time a new AMI saves on making.

The main challenge I have not seen with EC2 is that example startup time - typically 5 to 10 minutes of launching Linux instances with Windows, but I have seen that Windows instance It takes up to 40 minutes; This can be an issue if you want to balance the dynamic load and want to start new instances when your load increases.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -