c# - How to evolve a .NET codebase over versions of .NET -


I have net components that were developed very long (1.1). I will continue to provide them 1.1 for those versions, which require that version, but in some versions - in some cases the same code, in some cases enhancements - for NAT 2 and .NET 3 (.5) In each subsequent case, I would like to take advantage of the new features of the platform for certain components.

I am looking for guidance about what is the best practice in this situation.

In a case where I do not want to any change any component, I think I can still provide it as 1.1 and later Can use 1.1 assemblies just like libraries / applications. I suspect that there may still be good reasons to provide assemblies made with later versions of NET - e.g. Demonstrate - but my understanding is that I can supply just 1.1. Is it true?

In this case, where I am working with 1.1, but want to keep the bulk of component code, but what is the best way to add features for later versions of NAT?

  • Different versions of code Supply, and use through the origin, say, composition
  • Some other advanced .NET tricks I do not yet know
  • In addition, the assembly Any advice on what to do with the signature will be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you in advance

    In my rather harsh opinion, stop supporting the last time do. 1.1. I still think about using .NET 1.1 that the only good reason is that you still have to support the hardware. .NET 2.0 does not support - and at this late date, I'm not sure that we can say a good reason. / P>

    In fact, apart from hardware support, I do not think I have heard of any valid reasons for a machine that does not have .NET 3.5 SP1 to upgrade. As far as the .NET 2.0 applications are concerned, .NET 3.5 SP1 is only .NET 2.0 SP2. You would be surprised why someone does not want to apply a service pack that has been around for almost a year now.

    All other .NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5 are the only additional assemblies which

    I therefore balanced my desire to serve all the customers against the constant cost of support I do NET 1.1. You may continue to support it, but additional fees for support, and too more for any new features. At the same extent, at least, with .NET 2.0.

    Another Wilder thought: Are we not enabling NAT 1.1 companies to support them, though there is no extra expenditure in doing this? Are we really doing any favor to help them keep their head in the sand? Even if they are too busy to see it, then some startups can not compete with them and long before winning their very distant business, because they are not a better company, but because they are WCF And ASP.Net MVC and AJX and all the cool features that NET 1.1 people can dream of.


    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    c++ - Linux and clipboard -

    What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

    sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -