Is it sensible to connect a desktop client directly to MySQL? -


Connecting to a MySQL server (i.e. DriverManager.getConnection (databaseURL) etc), but intends to go to use a web service (once created). My question is, can not I live with the direct connection?

What is the web service giving me more code for writing? I have to implement my certification; What's wrong with just relying on MySQL?

(I am saying this question in negative words, because I get the idea that these days these models have been disappointed slightly, that is what I am really asking because I feel that I I want to work right.)

Thanks to any insights, you can give me!

Well, as long as you give the client the right access to the user, Em> wrong MySQL may be that if you are running a lot of and many customers, that will keep many MySQL connections open, while a web service is using a single connection Can handle loads from all clients and

The true utility of the web service occurs when you have a lot of business logic that can not be in the database, putting this argument in the client is a bad idea because users can run the old version, and so on. . Additionally, a web service allows you to different types of clients (such as a Windows client, a web client, etc.) without having to re-write any arguments except for presentation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -