visual c++ - Designing an MFC App That Will Work on All Resolutions? -


I am currently designing my first GUI for Windows, I am using MFC and Visual Studio 2008. The monitor on which I am preparing my program has the original resolution 1680x1050. If I compile and send my program to one of my colleagues to run on my computer (usually a laptop running on 1024x768), my program will not fit on their screen.

I want to read how to design an MFC application so that it will run on all the proposals, but I keep confusing information everywhere I think DLU resize your application for you. , And you should only run into problems at the same time, when you have a real bitmap that you need to worry about. But if this is the case, then why would my program no longer fit on my screen when setting my monitor to a lower resolution? Instead of "shrinking" my program, the screen used to carry real estate, which uses 1680x1050, becomes very large and grainy.

The "clear" solution here is to set my resolution to 1024x768, to redesign my program to fit on the screen. Except that I have already squashed everything on my dialogs as much as possible and to get my program to fit your program to run on 1024x768 My dialog fonts are set to Microsoft Sans Serif 8, but then Even when moving on 1024x768, heavy (larger than 8 digits) is visible.

I know that my program has a way of keeping the same scaling. .. right? Or is there a wrong way to deal with this problem? What is the correct / standard way of designing the MFC program so that it can run on multiple resolutions, what can 800x600 and above say?

I accept your application. GUI dialogue is based (main window is a dialog)?

In that case you have a problem, because, as you have found, there is no support from MFC for resizing a dialogue. Your options are:

  • Rediscover your GUI to use a SDI or MDI GUI
  • Use a dialog size extension. There are many available, there are other options for some very good suggestions and
  • Do not use MFCs Better support of wxWidgets for dialog-resizing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -