ssas - fact tables (Analysis Services) -


I was just thinking that there can be any table of facts, whose keys are not related to any of the dim tables? However, the facts table contains blurred data.

With this question, I have come to see that I was looking into a package that uses a dim table and fact table to pull data, manipulate and dump the facts into the table but, When I was trying to find any dependency on the fact table (in the Add DSV / Remove Table dialog box, I added the fact table, and then when I clicked the related tables there was no one)

< P> and My claim to find some figures retarded tables to the fact table.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Is the table in your fact table with dimension keys, but are not forced with any foreign key ? I think SSAS uses foreign keys to identify related tables, so in this situation, they will not find those tables, you can manually add related tables.

Another possibility is that the facts table indirectly involves all dimensions in a denormalized form. Rather than having keys for Dimension Tables and Dimension members, all data is stored in string form in the Fact Table. If this is the case, you can create dimensions from the columns in the facts table.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -