Estimating the size needed for text in MySQL -


When I have a text field, I usually store it in varchar but then I I have to face the extent to which I should keep it?

As the varchar uses more space as required, it would guess that it is better to set a greater extent than you would guess?

Is there any damage to using different text datatypes? Can it be searched using the "Like" operator and wildcard?

I think that may be such a case where it is better to reduce the value of Varchar But in many cases it is ok to use 255 as the limit.

Varchar can be searched like and wildchards.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -