HTML and Javascript Automated Document Erases Entries After OnClick Event -


I am automating a document with HTML and Javascript via MS Notepad. So far, I have a lot of text, some text boxes, and a button, which will execute a javascript function after entering one of the text boxes. This document is only partially completed; However, I noticed that after adding the entries to my text box and then press the button, delete all my entries I believe this is a postback issue of some sort; However, I thought that using a onlick event with Javascript would not execute a server-side command. Besides, my document is all client-side code. Actually, it's just text, HTML, and, currently, a JS function.

As a repetition, would anyone know that wiping my textbox entries after the onclick event was executed, and how is this happening? In addition, the onclick event executes the JS function, which is a statement that adds more text to the document.

Thanks,

DFM

If you have a & lt; Input type = "submit" & gt; button, so when you submit the button, even if you have the onclick handler. There are several ways to solve this *, but the easiest way to change the button to type = "button" , which does not collect anything other than clicking it.

  & lt; Input type = "button" onclick = "checkEntries ()" />  

* Other solutions include return to include your onclick handler, as onclick = "checkEntries ( ); Return & lt; form & gt; element

, or onsubmit = "return false"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -