permissions - Is it possible to make a read only directory in windows XP? -


According to the read only feature, it is usually used for reasons other than simply marking a folder to read So, I think it is not possible to read the directory as Linux only in the same sense as chmod.

Interesting, I did not know that! I tried to do this, you can set the read-only attribute on a folder with the command attrib , but it has no effect.

The only option I see is the directory on the user account, if it is on an NTFS formatted drive. Take a look at Microsoft's device

However, keeping in mind, access to NTFS is much more complex than Unix type access control. Generally, access to a specific type of to allow is rejected is better than I think it is no longer a problem, but I remember the good old NT4 , A friend of mine denied access to a folder including the administrator account. He could not do anything later, can not even remove it ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -