Vim tabs and buffers -


I have started using VEm a while back. So far - I enjoyed my experience with this editor. Till recently, I started using tabs in Vime.

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed about the whole buffer / tab / window concept in Vim. For example, suppose I'm working on a number of files related to a "project". All the files are open in the tab. Suppose I issue an order which will make switching active buffer (such as CTRL-) with the function definition Jump in) The result is that in the current tab I see the buffer with the file where the function is defined. But I already have the same buffer in the second tab! Now I have two tabs with the same content.

Is there any possibility of tie buffers with tabs in some way? Or, check Vim if buffer is being switched, currently open in some window / tab and instead switch to that window / tab?

So far I have found the following (which is not mentioned above problem, but to a lesser extent I see that woman shows behaviors):

 set  Switchbuf = usetab  

Now, when using: sb ,: sbnext ,: sbprev Instead: b ,: bnext,: bprev to switch buffer, will check if buffer Open in tab / window and switch to that tab / window.

This question is not the same:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -