asp.net - Storing data for client-side export. I've got a mess -


Here's my position. I am developing ASP.NET (2.0) app for internal use. In it, I have several pages of GridView. I've included the option to export data from Excel to GridView (using client-side JavaScript) Excel tabs have 2 tabs - one tab is formatted like a gridview, the other The tab contains raw data. Everything works great and looks good from the client's point of view. The issue is that JavaScript is very ugly.

When I fill my dataset with data, gridview is bound, I also create a delimited string used for export, I store the delimited string in Hiddenfield, and When the export button is pressed, then retrieve the value of the stored code. I have many different delimiters, and generally it was felt together together. Is there a better way to store data for export and is there a more standard way of storing it instead of its own delimited string? I have not dug in JSON yet. Is this the right way to go down? JSON is an excellent solution and very fast, although the partition string is very fast even if you have a client-based storage solution such as window.name. You can also check to use. Window.Name property can easily store some megabytes of data.

I have played with my own implementation, to hide it in your "JSON data" string- ify and window.name when your page loads, you can open the window.name and "JSON -ify "to capture it, specify it in a javascript variable and see what you will get, if not, then grab it through the server via AJAX. I use it for my JSON-string conversion and AJAX, but you can easily use jQuery.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -