c - Debug core file with no symbols -


I have one application that we have applied on a customer site. It was compiled and runs on HP-UX. The user has reported the accident and we have received a core dump. So far, I am unable to duplicate the crash home.

As you suspect, the original file / executable is without any type of symbolic executable when I load it in GDB and do a BT, then I get the best: < / P>

  (gdb) bt # 0xc0199470 ?? ()  

I can do 'strings core' on file, but my understanding is that I get all the strings in the executable, so it seems semi-impossible to track Anything below

I have been compiled with the debug version of executable (-g), which is unfortunately new to a few months compared to the release version if I try to start GDB with that hub I see it, then I see it:

  WARNING: Exec file is new to core file. The program was generated by the core 'program_name', with signal eleven canceled the program, the segmentation fault. According to __dld_flags __dld_list is not valid. # 0xc0199470 ?? () (GDB) in BT # 0xc0199470 ?? ()  

Although it would be possible to compile a debug version and deploy it on the customer's site and then wait for another accident, it will be relatively difficult and undesirable for several reasons.

I am very familiar with the code and it is a good idea to know where the code is in order to crash based on the customer's bug report.

Is there any other way that I know from someone else this core dump? Wire or any other debugger or anything? Thank you.

This type of response from gdb:

  (gdb) bt # 0xc0199470 ?? ()  

In this case also, the stack was erased with buffer overrun, where the address of the recall was written in memory, so the program counter appears to be a random one Is set in the area.

This is one of the ways that a build with any similar symbol database can also cause the symbol lookup error (or strange looking backtracks). If you receive it even after the symbol table, then your problem may be that your customer's data is causing some problems with your code.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -