sharepoint - WSS and creating externally accessible sites -


It's simple I hope :)

When I create a new web application in WSS To be on Port 80, if I want to point to an external domain name on it?

In the case of IIS and ports, everything is standard, that means port 80 is the only open.

I guess if I allow WSS to assign a port number to the new web application, surely this can never be accessed in such a way as long as I can not access the port Open it

Cheers

Generally "yes" ... but you know That's the only answer to the answer: -)

Disclaimer: For simplicity, I do not accept any load balancing switches, firewalls, and reverse proxies between my WSS site and the Internet. I am When you start throwing the network hardware into the equation, the configuration paramatics jump dramatically. He said, I can say that it is probably more common that the WSS site administrator actually starts expansion instead of existing applications in that way rather than the Internet. Here's what I mean:

  1. You create a web application (which is assigned to the default area) and create a collection of sites in it. The web application only starts as being available to you or your organization internally, can be named only by server name or IP address, and it can be on high (i.e., non port 80) port.

  2. When you're ready to make the site live, you can create an existing web application ("Central Administration"> "Application Management"> "Web App in an additional zone or Increase "). As a result of the creation of an additional IIS site through which your site collection can be used.

When you complete # 2, then you should pay special attention to the port and host headers that you have allocated to extended web applications - them URL and port Should be coordinated with what you want to present in the outside world. Therefore, if you want to publish your site as an Internet, you can extend your web application to a host header of "www.itsmysite.com" on port 80. (Again: Additional networking tools allow you to change important things, so what I am saying is a direct connection between your web front end).

When you expand your web application as described in step # 2, you will see that SharePoint takes care of adding a new web site within IIS, and it will configure that site (eg , Host headers) that are in accordance with the parameters specified during your expansion, as a general rule of thumb, you should avoid changing settings directly within IIS - SharePoint farm and IIS (only a few notable exceptions Such as with SSL certificates), takes care of the situation of synchronizing between.

I hope that helps!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -