eclipse - How do I debug JSPs on remote JBoss server? -


I am debugging an application on a remote server that uses Eclipse using the Zebes my special problem A NullPointerException In a JSP there is a lot more java code inside the script script, but unfortunately, refactoring is not going to be an option. Finding the throwing line <0> NullPointerException has been incredibly challenging and I'm stuck.

How can I debug this JSP remotely? > NullPointerException ?

Until I wasolate this issue, I had to end the problem by commenting on JSP lines. You can enable remote debugging on some application servers by adding something like this

  -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp: transport = dt_socket, address = 5001, server = y, suspended = n  

On the command line. Then, in your IDE, connect to port 5001 for remote debugging. There are some examples for different application servers.

I think debugging JSP can be done easily if you have Javascript compiled JSPs for JSP compile, check your application server's manual or compile your JSP and Save .java files; So use these files as the source of the debugger.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -