tomcat - Java EE Jar file sharing -


At our shop, we maintain approximately 20 Java EE web applications. Most of these applications have quite a CRUD in their architecture , Some of these are very processor intensive calculation applications.

For deploying these applications, we are using Hudson to monitor our CVS repository. When we have check-in, the projects are compiled and set to be deployed in our Tomcat 6.0 server ( Solaris 10, Spark Dual-Core 1.6 GHz processor, 2GB RAM ...). Do not imagine a befif machine from any segment ... ) And, if any unit-test exists for the project, then they are executed and if the unit tests are passed Project only then Of days. It works very well. Now, over time, I have seen myself that I have used the same .jar files in many projects and again (Hibernate, POI (Excel output), SQL Server JDBC driver, JSF, ICEFUS, Business Logic .z file, etc.) Our practice has been to keep a folder on just our network drive in which all the basic .jpg files have been used, and when a new project has started, we copy this set of .jar files to the new project. Do it and go from there. ..and I think that dirty every time this happens I have started to keep it in the night. I have been told to my co-workers that to set up a .jar repository on the Tomcat server "Very difficult", which I do not buy for a second ... I dedicate it to pure laziness and maybe, there is no desire to learn best practice I can be wrong, however, Your expressions I'm telling the users. It starts blurring the size of our .war files which are also deployed on the server.

In my understanding, Tomcat has a set of .jar files which are accessible to all deployed applications, so I suppose we would consolidate all these duplicated .jar files into all our projects. And will take them to the Tomcat server. It is only included to update a .jar file on the server, for example, we need to update the ICEFaces .jar files to a new version.

My second part says that .jar files only on one copy server, I may need to keep a copy of the server's GB directory in my development environment (ie those .jar files in eclipse dependencies Also included).

My intestine motivation tells me that I want to take those duplicated .jar files to the server ... will this work?

I think that Mayen and Ivy were born to help manage the dependency . Perhaps you will find that they are helpful.

As far as debate about creating Jar vs. Server / Lib in every project, I think that it is at one point: how likely is it that you have the same time Want to upgrade every single app posted on Tomcat? Can you ever imagine a time where you can have running apps on that server, and (N + 1) th app can require or require a new version of a particular jar?

If you keep all the apps in synch, by all means, they have to use a normal library base.

Personally, I think the disk space is cheap. My preference is to duplicate JARs for each app and put them in the wise file. I like to split, I want to see more of it when the OSG becomes more mainstream.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -