Force all asp.net requests to a single page? -


I have to tell the bat that I am not familiar with ASP.NET MVC, and I do not think I'm familiar with this project. And have time to switch.

I am creating a website where only one physical page is mysite.com/default.aspx. If a user browses to mysite.com/foo/bar, then I want (somehow) my default.aspx to handle that request. I know that this seems very "oriented" / "controller" oriented ... but is there any way to do this without switching MVC completely?

Apart from the note, there will be static images and things on the site that I do not want to serve by my page ... so mysite.com/foo/bar may result in html in HTML which includes IIG tag With mysite.com/images/foo's src GIF, so I have to stop some folders / files / process fromnetnet.

What you are talking about is called rewriting the URL and yes, an ASP .NET forms application is able to do this. The technique is well understood in this entry:

ASP.NET MVC hunts on this issue, even if you are not using ASP.NET MVC, this article is still relevant:

below the heading Scroll: " IIS 6 Extension-less URL "

If you need to understand how the IIS property enters the window then for some reference a little Do Krrol. Simply ignore part about the .mvc extension.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -