scripting - How do I programatically mount a raw iscsi volume in windows, and get it ready to use? -


The API is very straight forward to create a new volume on our SA. What I can not understand is to connect the program to the ICSI Initiator, to start the space (Understanding Windows Disk Manager) and finally format it and mount it is a drive letter.

I currently use win2k3, however going to win2k8 has an option if it is easy to implement.

To apply disk initialization, partitioning and formatting to one of my company's products I can not share the code, but I can tell you in the right direction.

You want the API to be called VDS - this is a COM API but I have used it successfully from C ++ (ATL) and C # (COM interop).

Unfortunately the documentation is quite low; All you have to do is immerse yourself in the object model, write some code, and gradually you will feel for it.

In Windows Server 2008, there is a non-documentary but quite useful C # ship around VDS with the cover. Microsoft. Storage. Search for DLL named Vds.dll. You can use reflective to find your different classes and methods. I have come to know about this when I have read, in which the author is trying to start a disk from PowerShell using the initial DLL.

The API can be included in VDS which can be applied by the San Vendors for the provision of an ELUN and may include other SAN items; Suggest that you avoid those people and focus on the basic software provider, who will create the original (the opposite of dynamic) division on an MBR or GPT disc. Note that the Microsoft cover I mentioned is a bit light on GPT support; I had to make some changes to get this gpt disk work.

VDS is a complex and finicky API, but if you are just looking to initialize the disk, then create a partition, format it, and mount it for a drive letter, your Most of the needs and easy to do there are well wishes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -