c# - Why are my application settings not getting persisted? -


So I have some settings that Users from within, but for some reason, they are not being saved .exe.config file I have the following:

  properties.Settings.Default.Email = "new@value.com"; Properties.Settings.Default.Save ();  

Yet I look at the setting file in the debug folder and it is still the default that I have set in Visual Studio. Am I doing this wrong?

User Settings User-specific, so they could not be saved back .exe.config file To do that, the system is widened

from Docs LocalSettingsProvider :.

The application-scoped settings and default user-Scoded setting has been named in a file named application.exe.config, which was created as executable file in the same directory is. Application configuration settings are read-only stored under specific user data username.config stored in a file name, the user's home directory.

Then a UserSettingsTest application for VS only under Debugger Run (so vshost bit) I ended up with a path:

  C: \ Users \ John \ AppData \ Local \ UserSettingsTest \ UserSettingsTest.vshost.e_Url_pdqoppugkz1vaawbhwkkcu5ibxpi2fgu \ 1.0.0.0 \ User.config  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

Visual Studio 2005: How to speed up builds when a VSMDI is open? -

booting ubuntu from usb using virtualbox -