security - Does read-only file system access guarantee a write access? -


I am developing a web application and I wonder if someone is only readable to my file system, is it The person (assuming that everything is necessary) has a write access to the system? For example, if you have a PHP script that outputs any file content on the server - should anyone be able to access the actually system write? Like ... can he rewrite PHP scripts?

I'm talking about web server ... so both Windows & amp; Linux related comments are welcome In addition, in such cases where most of the cracker can have a write facility for most files, but not for everyone on the system?

I'm just curious to summarize: "Is there a vulnerability in a PHP local file, is that any time the cracker is allowed to write files?"

A malicious user can download and crack your password file, or maybe the MySQL user table Can read and receive the password for my MySQL root user. Then use that user to take advantage of privilege enhancement and to do something similar.

The option for MySQL for Registry (or SAM) and MSSQL passwords and similar logic functions on Windows. No, it will not be very easy, but yes, they will succeed.

Do not let anyone (read) access your system completely

Express me differently. If I have a PHP application running and someone can read my PHP files through unsafe PHP scripts and have only read DB access, then will it be able to crack my whole server?

Maybe. In that case the possibility of being able to hack your server is non-zero, so you can not allow such a security hole. They may not be able to rewrite your PHP scripts, but only the readable DB user can use it in the database server for example.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

c++ - Linux and clipboard -

What is expire header and how to achive them in ASP.NET and PHP? -

sql server - How can I determine which of my SQL 2005 statistics are unused? -